Security Job Opportunities
Join the team at Cambridge Security!
We are always looking for responsible, hardworking people to join the team here at Cambridge Security. We have a high employee retention rate, which we attribute to the following key factors:
- We value and respect our employees
- We look to employ professionals from the local communities in which we serve, understanding that they bring specialized knowledge, greater potential for continuity, and a stronger sense of personal investment to the challenge
- We offer opportunities for advancement
Our security professionals undergo a rigorous training regimen that includes classroom work, field training, and site specific training customized for each client and situation. We see training as an on-going process that continues through an employee’s career. It includes yearly coursework and starts fresh with each new assignment.
In 2012, Cambridge Security signed a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve, and has been recognized by the New Jersey Veterans Association for being one of the largest employers to hire veterans in NJ.
Please see “Important Information for Security Job Applicants” below to learn more about the application process.
The Cambridge Security Officer Prototype:
- Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military and Private Security background
- Professional Demeanor and Attire
- Strong Communication Skills
- Courteous and Non-Intrusive Disposition
- Trained by State-Certified School
- Motivated and Focused
- Field-Trained and Mentored
- Prepared for site-specific challenges
- Shares knowledge/experience with colleagues
Security officers receive the best-in-the-industry uniform package, which also includes shoes.Read Our Officer Profile
Important Information for Security Job Applicants:
1. We offer Walk-In Hours for interviews for security officers. The following times are available throughout the business week:
|Fort Lauderdale, FL||9.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Mon-Fri)|
|Miami, FL||Call for Appointment|
|Palm Beach, FL||Call for Appointment|
|Newark, NJ||9.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Mon-Fri)|
|Toms River, NJ||10.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Mon-Thurs)
10.00 AM to 2.00PM (Fri)
|New York, NY||9.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Mon-Fri)
11.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Sat)
|Philadelphia, PA||Call for Appointment|
|Naples, FL||Call for Appointment|
|Las Vegas, NV||Call for Appointment|
2. Please download Cambridge Security’s Employment Application Form before your interview and complete it. Bring the completed form with you to the interview. We cannot accept application forms via mail or email. To download the form, click here.
Please note, Cambridge Security’s Employment Application Form is the property of Cambridge Security Services. It is to be used by an individual solely for the purposes of applying for a position at Cambridge Security.
3. All candidates must have a GED or high school diploma.
4. All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Candidates must also meet all state requirements in which they are working. While the links to state licensing requirements are listed below, please address any specific questions with our Human Resources Department.
In accordance with the “Security Officer Registration Act (SORA)”, New Jersey Candidates are required to have a certificate of registration issued by the Superintendent of the Division of State Police in the Department of Law and Public Safety.
For more information, please visit the NJ State Police website for SORA: http://www.njsp.org/private-detective/sora.shtml
In accordance with the New York State Division of Licensing, a “Security Guard License” is required in order to operate as a security officer in the state of New York. For more information, please visit the New York State Division of Licensing’s website.
More information coming. Check PA state requirements with recruiting officer at your interview.
In accordance with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, a Class ”D” Security Officer License is required to operate as a security officer in the state of Florida. For more information, please visit the Florida Department of Agriculture Division of Licensing’s website: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Private-Security/Private-Security-Licenses.